Dr. Clint Bruyere and his team in Longview, Texas, regularly work with patients suffering from tooth loss. There are many reasons why a patient might experience the loss of a tooth or several teeth, including trauma, disease, and severe decay. Whatever the reason, patients must book an appointment with an experienced restorative dentist to determine the best solution for their unique needs. In many cases, our team might recommend placing a screw-retained implant crown. This is a service used to create a robust and durable replacement for a single missing tooth.
What are screw-retained implant crowns?
Dr. Clint Bruyere describes the screw-retained implant crowns as a fixed restoration meant to replace a single tooth. A dental implant is placed into the jawbone. Then the abutment over the top of the gumline is used to secure the dental crown. The finished product looks and feels like the tooth that used to be in place, while functioning the same!
What are the benefits of a screw-retained implant crown?
Several advantages make this type of restoration the best for many of our patients. Below are just a few of the benefits patients might consider when making a choice. Screw-retained implant crowns:
- allow for precision placement of a false tooth restoration
- maintain the natural bone around the implant
- allow for simple removal of dental crowns for replacement, repair, or maintenance
- offer lifelong restoration with proper care
Unleashing Your Smile Real Patients, Real Results by Dr. Bruyere
Dr. Bruyere’s patient had crowns for 15 years and disliked the way they looked. When she had Dr. Bruyere replace them she was so happy with the way they looked and felt!
This patient was ready for a change in his appearance. He did not like the spaces between his teeth and he had composite fillings that were yellowed and failing. Dr. Bruyere placed porcelain crowns on all his teeth in what is known as a full-mouth rehab and the patient was so thankful with his new look!
This patient was missing one of his front teeth and the space had closed in. Dr. Bruyere was able to fill in the space by placing porcelain crowns thus making it appear as though there is another tooth.
Dr. Bruyere made this patient so happy by changing her smile. She was unhappy with her discolored teeth, spaces between them, and mismatched crowns. Dr. Bruyere placed porcelain crowns to achieve a totally new look!
This patient had an accident that caused her to need root canals on her four top front teeth. She had large composite fillings to repair the teeth at that time and was very unhappy with them. Dr. Bruyere placed four porcelain crowns that made such a difference in her smile and her life!
This patient had severe wear on his front teeth from grinding. Porcelain crowns were placed by Dr. Bruyere to lengthen his teeth and give them a proper size. Dr. Bruyere’s patient was so happy with the difference in his smile!
This patient had large, discolored composite fillings that were failing. She was amazed at the transformation in her smile after having porcelain crowns placed by Dr. Bruyere.
Dr. Bruyere’s patient was very unhappy with the space between her front teeth and the shape of her other teeth. He placed six porcelain crowns on her front teeth and she was extremely happy with the results!
This patient was very unhappy with the shape and color of her crowns and had large, discolored composite fillings in front. After the placement of six porcelain crowns in front she could smile in photos again!
What is the process of obtaining screw-retained implant crowns?
The entire process can take several months from start to finish. Below are just a few of the steps involved:
- Candidacy- During an evaluation, Dr. Clint Bruyere will determine if a patient is a good fit for an implant-retained crown. Most patients with sufficient bone or open to undergoing bone grafting may find this a viable solution for their needs.
- Implant placement- An oral surgery procedure is scheduled for the placement of the implant. The implant is then placed within the jawbone. The upper portion of the implant has an abutment attached, which allows for the placement of the dental crown.
- Healing- Healing and recovery are necessary, during which osseointegration (bone growth) occurs to keep the implant in place within the jaw.
- Restoration- After the area has properly healed; a customized dental crown is fabricated and placed over the implant’s abutment. This completes the process and allows patients to enjoy their newly restored smile!
Experience exceptional dental care in Longview, TX!
Is placement comfortable?
Our team wants to make sure that everything we do is comfortable and does not cause pain to patients. Patients can ask about anesthetic and sedation options available before and during their implant placement procedure.
Request an appointment with Clint Bruyere DDS today to learn more about screw-retained implant crowns
Longview, Texas area patients interested in finding out if they are candidates for the screw-retained dental implant and crown service are welcome to call (903) 708-6116 and schedule an appointment with our team. The office is located at 444 Forest Square, Suite G, and is open to new and returning patients.
Share This Article