The smile is the first impression you give to others. So, what is the first impression YOU give to people the first time you meet? If you have imperfections in the smile, including stained, broken, or lost teeth, it is essential that you speak with a cosmetic and restorative dentist in the Longview, TX area to learn about restorative dentistry. Finding a solution for your smile at a dental office “near me” is easy with the team at the practice of Dr. Clint Bruyere.
What is restorative dentistry?
First and foremost, patients should take the time to understand the benefits of working with a restorative dentist. Dr. Clint Bruyere describes a restorative dentist as a professional who can repair damage and imperfections that impact the appearance of the smile, as well as the function. Patients with any of the following concerns may benefit from restorative dentistry:
- Loose or lost teeth
- Old or ill-fitting restorations
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Permanent staining on the teeth
- Past dental work that needs replacement
- Loose or poorly fabricated dental restorations, including crowns and veneers
- Misaligned teeth or poor bite alignment
When it comes time to enhance the smile, Dr. Clint Bruyere recommends making an appointment with him to discuss treatment options.
What procedures are involved in restorative dentistry?
At the practice of Dr. Clint Bruyere, patients can choose from a wide range of restorative options used to improve the smile and repair it to a more natural appearance and function. Below are just a few of the more common solutions available at our practice:
- Dental crowns – a dental crown, or “cap,” is a custom-made porcelain restoration used to cover the exposed area of a tooth to improve its appearance or protect it from further damage, especially if patients have had root canal therapy or a large filling placed. This impacts the tooth’s strength and integrity and leaves it at risk of further damage.
- Dental bridges – replacing one or more teeth in a row is easy with dental bridges, which are restorations made of porcelain that use the adjacent teeth for support to offer a replacement tooth in-between.
- Dentures – our practice offers both partial dentures and full dentures, depending on the needs of the patient. A partial denture is an appliance that snaps into the dental arch to replace one or more teeth, while a full denture is an appliance that includes false teeth and gums and replaces the entire arch.
- Porcelain veneers – if imperfections are impacting the teeth near the front of the smile, known as the “anterior teeth,” porcelain veneers may be the solution. These thin porcelain facings are bonded onto the front of prepared teeth to cover imperfections such as breakage, staining, or even gaps between the front teeth.
- Six Month Smiles – patients considering braces but seeking a faster, less noticeable alternative are encouraged to ask our team about Six Month Smiles. This is a tooth-colored set of brackets and wires that can reposition the teeth and address smiles that have mild to moderate misalignment. Most patients will achieve their dream smile in less than a year with this method and have a more discreet option than traditional metal bracket and wire braces.
- Dental implants – a single tooth can be replaced with a dental implant, which is made of titanium and restored with a crown to repair function and appearance. They can also be used in holding a full denture in place, which is known as “an implant-retained denture.”
Experience exceptional dental care in Longview, TX!
Are you interested in restorative dental solutions?
At the practice of Dr. Clint Bruyere, we are committed to offering area patients solutions that fit their unique needs and desires. If you are faced with the possibility of restoring part or all your smile, now is a great time to connect with our staff and discuss your situation. Call (903) 708-6116 to schedule a consultation appointment at 444 forest Square, Suite G in Longview, TX.
Share This Article