Orthodontic treatment has evolved dramatically in recent years. No longer is it all about embarrassed teenagers sporting clunky metal braces. New materials, technology, and a better understanding of tooth movement have opened the doors for amazing new options, which would have seemed impossible in the not too distant past. Such is the case with Six Month Smiles, the revolutionary short-term orthodontic system designed specifically for adults.
How is Six Month Smiles different?
In some ways, this system is very similar to traditional braces. They are designed using proven principles of orthodontics. Brackets are attached to the teeth, and archwires apply the pressure needed to achieve tooth movement. However, that is where the similarities cease. Unique features of this treatment include:
- Fast – Some patients achieve desired results in as little as four months, and treatment rarely takes any longer than nine months. As the name implies, the average patient only needs to wear braces for six months.
- Discreet – Rather than glaring metal, these unique braces are composed of transparent and tooth colored materials. They are barely noticeable.
- Comfortable – Lightweight materials combined with a precision fit result in a comfortable brace. This design utilizes carefully targeted low pressure, minimizing any soreness.
- Designed for adults – Six Month Smiles are not intended to correct bite alignment, or guide the development of growing jaws. This targeted treatment is designed specifically for achieving cosmetic straightening of adult teeth. Most patients over the age of 16 (when adult teeth are typically completely developed) are potential candidates.
- Affordable – Due to the advanced materials and expedited treatment time, this system is typically much less costly than traditional metal braces.
- Healthy – Braces make oral hygiene more challenging, and there is a risk of developing cavities in difficult to clean areas. Six Month Smiles minimizes this risk, because you will be wearing braces for a much shorter length of time. After treatment, oral hygiene becomes easier and more effective than ever, because straight teeth are much easier to clean than crooked ones.
Dr. Clint Bruyere is proud to offer this excellent orthodontic option to his patients. He is located in Longview, TX, serving residents of Hallsville, Gilmer, Marshall, and other nearby communities. If you want to see a beautifully straight smile every time you look in the mirror, call (903) 708-6116 and schedule a consultation to find out if the Six Month Smiles System is right for you.
Share This Article