Tooth care tips to whiten your Longview smile
It is human nature to notice – and respond to – the appearance of another person’s smile. Over the past several decades, there has been an increase in focus on personal image and aesthetics. This evolution has changed the way we look at our smile. If your smile is not as white as you think it could be, there is a good chance your confidence will dip as a result. With guidance and direct tooth care from your dentist, it is possible to whiten your smile and experience newfound confidence. In just one visit to our Longview office, many men and women have transformed their smiles.
The brightness of the smile can be addressed in several ways
- Most stains are the result of richly colored foods and beverages such as red wine, tea, coffee, and even berries. Avoiding such foods, or consuming them in such a way as to limit contact with front teeth, is ideal but not always possible.
- If potentially staining foods or beverages are consumed, brushing right away can limit their impact on enamel. If teeth cannot be immediately brushed, the mouth can be rinsed with water or mouthwash to dilute stain-causing substances.
- Tobacco use has a negative impact on the smile and on general health. To keep your smile looking its best, use of tobacco products should be avoided.
- Oral hygiene is imperative for a healthy, glowing smile. The recommendation from your dentist is to brush teeth at least twice a day and to floss every day, at least one time. Whitening toothpastes may be used a few times a week, but they do contain abrasive particles that are too harsh for daily use.
- Professional dental check-ups and cleanings, maintained at six-month intervals, can do a lot for the health and beauty of your smile. Professional cleaning removes the sticky plaque biofilm from teeth, leaving them shining and bright.
In the office of your skilled dentist, it is possible to correct years of staining with professional teeth whitening service. In our office, we use proven systems to achieve the best possible results. Our patients benefit from the dual power of chair side and at-home whitening with the KöR deep bleaching system or the Zoom! whitening system.
Make your smile shine with professional dental care. Contact us to schedule your visit today.