Guide to cosmetic dentistry in Longview: Choosing the right procedures
A smile is a beautiful way to express a beautiful emotion. However, if you feel that your teeth are unattractive, it can become a source of embarrassment, and unhappiness. The true value of cosmetic dentistry is far greater than simply improving your appearance. The pride, confidence, and joy that come from loving your smile and sharing it with the world are invaluable.
Dr. Clint Bruyere of Longview, TX, understands that your smile and your vision of beauty are just as unique as you are. He offers a wide variety of smile enhancement options to meet your needs. The process begins with a consultation, so it is helpful to clarify what you are hoping to achieve. If you have photos showing people with smiles that you like, you can bring them to the office and show Dr. Bruyere.
Because smile enhancement is very personal, the treatment plan is a little different for everyone. Dr. Bruyere will recommend the best solution for you, based on your oral health and esthetic goals. Some of the most common options include:
- Teeth whitening is one of the most popular procedures, because it is fast, economical, and it does not require any tooth alteration. This is a great introduction to cosmetic dentistry if you are not ready to make irreversible changes. It is also a good first step before choosing the color of restorations.
- Veneers, crowns, inlays, onlays, and bonding are very different procedures, which accomplish a similar goal. A tooth colored material (porcelain or resin) is used to repair damage and change the size, shape, spacing, and color of teeth. One or several of these options may be recommended, depending on the tooth’s strength and structure, as well as the nature of the esthetic flaws you wish to correct.
- Full dentures, partials, bridges, and implant-supported restorations are used to replace missing teeth and those that need extraction.
- Six Month Smiles can correct unsightly crooked teeth in just a few months. For mild misalignment, porcelain veneers may also be used.
- A full smile makeover typically involves a combination of several procedures, to correct all esthetic issues with every tooth. It begins with a detailed smile analysis and design.
A beautiful smile is one of the greatest gifts that you can give yourself, and share with the world. Call 903.708.6116 and schedule a consultation with Dr. Bruyere today!