Benefits of sedation dentistry for Hallsville residents
Sedation, once very rare in the dental office, has seen a considerable increase in popularity in recent years. Although it is still only available at select practices, more patients are seeking out a dentist who offers this service. Some travel a considerable distance to see a sedation dentist. However, residents of Longview, Hallsville, and surrounding communities are fortunate to have this option right here, at Dr. Bruyere’s office.
Why is sedation so popular?
Sedation dentistry is a great service for anxious or fearful patients. Dental phobia is more common than you might imagine. If you experience jitters, apprehension, or all-out panic at the thought of setting foot in a dental office, you are not alone. Fear keeps countless people from receiving the dental care they so badly need – and sedation is an excellent solution. However, that is not the only benefit. A growing number of anxiety-free patients are opting to be sedated during certain procedures.
The benefits of sedation include:
- Suppress gag reflex – Without sedation, a strong gag reflex can make dental procedures uncomfortable, and extend the appointment time because your dentist needs to adjust techniques accordingly.
- Ease claustrophobic feelings – Many people hate dental appointments, and it has nothing to do with fear of pain. If you panic when someone is “in your face,” sedation may be the solution.
- Reduce dental chair fatigue – Sedation relaxes your body as well as your mind, helping you avoid the stiff muscles and aching joints that can accompany extended periods of sitting motionless.
- Receive complex treatment with fewer appointments – Normally extensive treatment is divided into multiple, short appointments for your comfort. With sedation, we can take care of all your dental needs with fewer office visits, and less discomfort.
- Reduce pain – Although oral sedatives are not actually painkillers, they can make you less aware of it and enhance the action of pain medication.
- Relax – Whether you have a fear of dentists, difficulty holding still, or you simply feel agitated when waiting for an appointment to end, you relax in a pleasant, dreamy state throughout your visit.
Don’t dread your next dental visit. Come to our office and relax while Dr. Bruyere transforms your smile! Call (903) 708-6116 and schedule your appointment today.