Respected dentist in Longview explains how porcelain veneers are used for treating slightly crooked teeth
Patients suffer from crooked teeth for several reasons. The teeth can become crowded and turn if their mouths are too small. When teeth are missing, others may shift to the empty space. Some people inherit crooked teeth. Fortunately, respected dentist Dr. Clint Bruyere and his team in Longview can provide treatments for crooked teeth such as porcelain veneers.
Benefits of porcelain veneers
There is no need to be embarrassed by crooked teeth that show when you smile. Porcelain veneers are wafer thin shells that can be used to provide the appearance of straight teeth. Porcelain blends naturally with the teeth and it is highly likely nobody will notice the cosmetic restorations when smiling.
There are many advantages of porcelain veneers. The tooth restorations can:
- Cover imperfections in the teeth. Trauma to the mouth can crack or chip teeth. The wafer thin veneer shells can restore beauty to the smile.
- Whiten the teeth. Medications such as tetracycline can permanently discolor teeth. We can place porcelain veneers onto the discolored teeth to brighten the smile.
- Close gaps between the teeth. Some people love gaps between their teeth; however, others do not. Veneers close minor gaps and restore beauty to smiles.
- Boost self-confidence. Patients are more likely to smile and laugh with confidence when they love their smiles.
- Restore health to the smile. When crooked teeth are untreated, other oral health conditions can develop. It can be more difficult to keep the teeth clean, which can lead to cavities and gum disease.
Understanding the procedure for veneers
The first step toward straighter looking teeth is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Bruyere. At your appointment, Dr. Bruyere will examine your mouth, teeth, and gums and review your medical history. You may have x-rays and facial photographs taken. If you are a candidate for the procedure, Dr. Bruyere will devise a treatment plan with you. He will make impressions of your mouth and prepare a wax model. Together, you can select the right color of veneers and make adjustments as needed. At the next visit, Dr. Bruyere will minimally prepare your teeth to ensure the veneers fit snugly and appear natural. You may not need anesthetic during this typically comfortable procedure. Then, he takes impressions again that are sent to a dental laboratory for fabrication of your customized porcelain veneers. You will be fitted with temporaries while awaiting your customized veneers. At your next appointment, Dr. Bruyere will permanently bond the veneers to your teeth and polish them for the perfect look.
Are you looking for a solution to improve the aesthetics of your smile? Veneers may be the perfect treatment for you. Call 903-708-6116 today to schedule your initial consultation appointment with Dr. Bruyere.