With Longview sedation dentistry, you no longer have to fear dental treatment
If you feel anxious at the thought of seeing the dentist, you are not alone. Millions of Americans put off necessary dental treatments due to anxiety, only to find themselves facing problems that require extensive care. Rather than visit the dentist only when pain sends you there, we suggest making an appointment with your Longview dentist who offers sedation dentistry for stress-free, pain-free care.
Sedation dentistry begins with the prescription of sedative medication suited to the patient’s needs. This oral medication is taken at home before dental appointments, allowing you to arrive at our office feeling at ease about treatment. Though oral conscious sedation does not necessarily cause you to sleep, it is important to have a trusted friend or family member drive you to and from our office.
There are several benefits to sedation dentistry, aside from the primary effect of relieving anxiety. Additional benefits include:
- Restlessness during dental treatment is diminished
- Comfort is increased, as sedation maximizes the potential of local anesthetic
- Time passes very quickly under the effects of sedation, making hours feel like minutes
- Patients who undergo treatment with sedation typically have no recollection of their time in our office
- Sedation leads to greater mental and physical relaxation, which decreases the chance of soreness, even after lengthy treatment
- Sedation makes it possible to combine several treatments into a single visit, maximizing time
Our smiles are important for a number of reasons. Healthy teeth help us to chew our food adequately, aiding in the digestive process. Healthy teeth are pain-free teeth; they are attractive teeth. Combining home care with professional care makes it easier to detect gum disease or other problems in their earliest stages, when they can be treated conservatively and before they cause discomfort.
Dr. Bruyere has an extensive background providing a high quality of dental care to patients of all ages. In our office, we take the time to get to know our patients, to discuss dental treatments, and answer questions. To help you feel more comfortable, we are happy to discuss your options for sedation.
Contact us today to schedule your stress-free dental treatment.