Cosmetic dentist in the East Texas area reviews the advantages of dental bridges
Repairing the smile is important for the best appearance and function. When patients are missing one or more teeth from their smile, they need to work closely with an East Texas cosmetic dentist to learn about the many options available. Dr. Clint Bruyere reviews with his patients the solutions available which include dental implants, dental bridges, and dentures (full or partial).
While there are three primary options for patients, some may choose dental bridges because they may be more advantageous depending on their needs. Dental bridges are porcelain restorations that are custom-made for individuals using impressions of their smile. These bridges are bonded over the teeth surrounding the space left behind, using a false tooth called a pontic to hover in place. Dental bridges are a more permanent solution than removable partial dentures, but less expensive than dental implants.
There are many benefits to dental bridges that Dr. Clint Bruyere may educate patients on during their initial consultation appointment.
- Dental bridges are aesthetic, and are made to match the existing color and shape of the existing teeth to blend in beautifully.
- Dental bridges are permanent and patients do not have to worry about removing them each and every day to clean them.
- Dental bridges provide protection for the surrounding teeth as they are bonded in place for strength and support.
- Dental bridges are long-lasting when patients take good care of them.
- Dental bridges are a fast solution and can be completed within a week ro two.
- Dental bridges are less invasive than dental implants, another possible solution for patients missing one or more teeth.
Dental bridges can be a wonderful opportunity for patients due to the many benefits they provide, though other solutions may be better suited. The best way to determine if dental bridges are appropriate for you is to book a consultation appointment with Dr. Clint Bruyere. He can provide a thorough physical examination, x-rays, and talk with you to find out what you truly desire when it comes to repairing their smile. He can also discuss the overall cost to ensure that the restoration you choose fits your budget.