Patient Testimonial" I never mind going to Dr. Bruyere's office, although I don't particularly like going to the dentist. Ginny, his hygienist, is thorough and gentle. I love the clean feeling when I leave after a check-up! And his staff is always professional and kind. I feel lucky to have found Dr. Bruyere's office! "
~ Christina H.
Have you always wanted teeth so white they'll have to use shades? It could be as easy as using teeth whitening, or as most people call it, bleaching.
For teeth that are turning dark due to stains, teeth whitening is a great option to brighten your smile.
The first step is to have an exam to make sure you do not have any cavities or gum disease that would make the teeth or gums sensitive during bleaching. If you are a candidate for bleaching, then molds will be made of your top and bottom teeth for fabrication of custom bleaching trays.
There are several ways to bleach your teeth. Home bleaching requires that you wear your trays several times a day or at night depending on the type of bleach used.
In-office bleaching requires coming to the office for one or more appointments that last approximately one hour. Our office uses the KOR™ in-office bleaching system. After your bleaching trays are made, you are given a gel to use at home for two weeks to pre-bleach the teeth before the office visit. At that visit, your gums will be covered with a special material to keep the bleach off of them. Your teeth are then painted with a desensitizer before a strong (34%) bleach is placed on the teeth for 20 minutes, three times, changing the bleach between sessions.
For tetracycline stained teeth, there will be two office visits for bleaching.
People do react differently to bleaching. Some teeth whiten very quickly and others take more time. Sometimes there is sensitivity with bleaching and we have desensitizing agents that can be applied after you bleach to decrease the amount of sensitivity.
Over-the-counter bleaching products do work, however without custom bleaching trays you do not get uniform bleaching of the teeth, especially at the gum line. Over-the-counter products also do not have the higher percent of bleach available for use by Dentists.
If you are interested in bleaching your teeth for a whiter smile, please call our office at (903) 753-0337 to make an appointment.
- Teeth Whitening in Longview TX - Effective teeth whitening in our Longview, TX office gives you reason to smile
- Teeth Whitening Treatment Longview - Highly skilled cosmetic dentist in Longview provides teeth whitening treatment options
- Professional Teeth Whitening Longview - Reasons patients choose Longview dentist for professional teeth whitening
- Zoom Whitening Dentist Longview - Longview area dentist explains Zoom whitening
- Bright Smiles Longview - Bright smiles designed with great care in our Longview dental office
- Tooth Whiten Longview - Tooth care tips to whiten your Longview smile
- Zoom Whitening Hallsville - Hallsville residents enjoy fast teeth whitening with
- Tooth Bleaching Hallsville - Brightening Hallsville smiles with professional tooth bleaching
- Teeth Whitening in Longview - Options for Teeth Whitening In Longview: How Kör Is Different
- Teeth Whitening Dentist Longview - Looking for teeth whitening in Longview? See your dentist!
- Walking Bleach Hallsville - Bright smiles in Hallsville: Walking bleach and other whitening techniques