Patient Testimonial"If you are searching for a dentist in the Longview/East Texas area, look no further than Clint Bruyere, DDS, check the website at : http://www.smileoasis.com. Dr. Bruyere is an exceptional dentist with over 30 years of experience. He is very concerned with patient care and the satisifaction of each client with every dental experience. Dr. Bruyere is supported by a friendly and welcoming staff, all of whom make sure that you are taken care of and enjoy your dental visit. The office is warm and inviting- they always offer the newest in dental products. When I was in recently, they had a new supply of dental gum (contains Xylitol) that is actually good for you to chew. Google Xylitol for more information. I've tried some of the gum and it's fabulous...and good for you too!"
~ Brittany L.
Gum DiseaseGum disease is the loss of gums and the bone surrounding your teeth due to improper brushing, lack of flossing, and/or lack of professional dental care.
Periodontal disease begins when the bacteria that forms on your teeth (called plaque), is not removed. This plaque will eventually turn into a hard substance called calculus, and will cause your gums to bleed and become swollen. If the calculus is not removed, the gums will move away from your teeth and allow more harmful bacteria below your gums that will eventually start to destroy the bone around your teeth.
To see if you have gum disease, we will take full mouth x-rays and perform a periodontal probing. A dental instrument is used to measure the depth of the gum tissue around your teeth. We measure six places on each tooth on the cheek and tongue side. Normal readings are between 1-3mm. Any readings over this indicate gum disease is present and must be treated. Gum disease is treatable if caught in its early stages.
The treatment for gingivitis (bleeding but no bone loss) is usually several cleanings, possibly a prescription for antibacterial mouth rinse, and oral hygiene instructions.
Beginning to moderate gum disease is treated by deep cleaning (also called scaling and root planing), antibacterial mouth rinses, and oral hygiene instructions.
Advanced cases of gum disease (severe gum recession and bone loss) are best treated by a periodontist (a dental gum specialist).
Some factors that can contribute to gum disease are:
- Poor oral hygiene
Gum disease is relatively painless and can cause major dental problems if not diagnosed early.
To make sure your gums are in good health, please call our office at (903) 753-0337for an evaluation.
- Gum Disease In Longview - Gum disease is serious business to your Longview dentist
- Gum Specialist Dentist Longview - Patients seeking a specialist on gum disease turn to a respected Longview dentist
- Chronic Gum Disease Longview TX - Longview, TX area patients ask if gum disease is a chronic condition
- Periodontal Gum Disease Treatment Longview, TX - Periodontal treatment available for patients in Longview, TX with gum disease
- Dentist Gum Disease Longview - Longview area dentist describes gum disease
- Gum Disease Specialist Longview - Your gum disease specialist in the Longview area offers solutions to chronic infection
- What is Periodontal Gum Disease Longview - What is the link between receding gums and periodontal gum disease in Longview?
- Gum Disease Longview - Symptoms of Gum Disease