One of the greatest advances in modern dentistry is implant technology. Whether they are stabilizing dentures, or supporting crowns and bridges, implants can give a more natural look and better chewing efficiency.
Implants are like cylinders or screws made of titanium, which are placed in the jawbone. They are topped with beautiful porcelain crowns or bridges to replace missing teeth. They can also be used to secure full dentures, eliminating the need for adhesive, as well as the risk of slipping or wobbling.
We begin with a complete exam, x-rays, and a medical history to determine if implants may be placed. If implants are a possibility, then we take impressions of your mouth to produce study models that will help determine the type and proper placement of the implant. The most common type of implant is the root-form, which is similar in size to a tooth root, and serves the same function. Other styles may be considered for patients who have experienced severe bone loss.
We work with experienced oral surgeons and periodontists to place the implants surgically. The procedure is fast and gentle. Most patients compare it to having a tooth extracted. Typically, lingering soreness fades in days. However, it takes about three to six months for the bone to bond with, and fully heal around, the implant. When that process is complete, Dr. Bruyere will restore the implants with the proper restoration.
Implants can be used to replace one missing tooth, multiple missing teeth, or a mouth full of teeth. Restorations can be a single crown, bridges, dentures, or full mouth fixed bridgework.
Advantages of implants
Disadvantages of implants
- no need to destroy multiple healthy teeth for a bridge
- cannot lose an implant to cavities
- can secure dentures for a better fit
- long lasting
- people with diabetes or auto-immune diseases are not candidates
- longer treatment time
- initial cost is higher, but the long-term cost is typically lower because implants can last a lifetime
Implants can really be a great choice for replacing teeth or securing dentures. If you are interested in seeing what dental implants can do for your smile, please call our office at (903) 753-0337
for an appointment.
- Dental Implants Versus Dentures Longview - Dental implants versus dentures: the pros and cons for Longview patients
- How are Dental Implants placed in Longview - Questions are answered by an experienced dentist in Longview on how dental implants are placed
- Implants Dentist Longview TX - Highly respected dentist in Longview, TX highlights the benefits of dental implants
- Longview Dental Implants - Your Longview dentist can restore your best smile with dental implants made just for you
- Implants Longview - What to expect after receiving implants from your Longview dentist
- Dental Implants Restoration Longview - Can patients in the Longview area seek restoration with dental implants?
- Implant Dentist Hallsville - Hallsville area dentist debunks implant myths
- Tooth Implant Hallsville - Hallsville residents ask, "What is a tooth implant?"
- Dental Implants Longview - The Implants Procedure
- What are Dental Implants Hallsville - What are the benefits of dental implants for Hallsville residents?