Dental Crowns and Bridges
Teeth that are badly broken, have large fillings, or have been treated with root canals, need to have crowns placed on them to restore the tooth to proper function.
There are several types of crowns available for different areas of the mouth.
Back teeth crowns can be:
- full gold
- porcelain fused to metal
- e-Max ® porcelain crown (not for people who clench or grind their teeth)
- full Zirconia
Front teeth crowns can be:
- e-Max ® porcelain
- Empress ® porcelain
- Zirconia with porcelain
- porcelain fused to metal
The procedure for a crown is first to put the tooth to sleep with local anesthetic. Then the tooth is prepared (cut down) on all sides and the top to allow enough room for a dental lab to fabricate a crown. A mold is taken of the tooth and then a temporary crown is made to cover the prepped tooth while we wait for the dental lab to make the crown.
Once the crown is returned by the dental lab, an appointment is made to seat (place) the crown. At the seating appointment, the tooth is put to sleep, the temporary is removed, and the permanent crown is placed on the tooth to check for a proper fit. If everything is perfect, the crown is cemented with strong dental cement that adheres to the underlying tooth structure. With good oral hygiene and regular professional dental cleanings, crowns can last many years.
Bridges are used to replace missing teeth. The steps are the same as for a crown but more teeth must be prepared to support the bridge replacing the missing teeth.
Crowns and bridges must be cared for just like your natural teeth. Crowns and bridges can get cavities at the tooth margin and since it is covering your natural tooth, is subject for getting gum disease also.
Good oral hygiene, frequent regular cleanings, and checkups will help your crowns last for years.
If you think you need a crown or bridge, please call our office at (903) 753-0337
for an appointment.
- Tooth Bridges Longview TX - Dentist in Longview, TX treats tooth loss with dental bridges
- Dental Bridge Replacement Longview - Patients seeking teeth replacement consider dental bridge treatment at Longview dental office
- Crown Bridge Dental Longview - With good care, your crown or bridge from our dental office in Longview can last decades
- What are Dental Crowns and Bridges Longview - Longview area patients ask, what are dental crowns and bridges used for?
- Crowns in Teeth Longview - How crowns are used in a smile makeover of teeth for Longview area patients
- Types of Teeth Crowns Longview - Longview area dentist describes the different types of crowns for teeth
- Dental Crown Bridge Longview - Which Longview area patients may benefit from a dental crown or a bridge?
- What is a Crown for a Tooth Longview - Longview area dentist answers, what is a crown for a tooth?
- Types of Crowns for Teeth Longview - Longview dentist describes the different types of crowns for teeth
- Crown Dentist Hallsville - Hallsville area dentist explains how to care for a dental crown
- Tooth Crowns in Hallsville - Tooth restoration options for Hallsville area residents: Types of dental crown materials
- Dental Tooth Bridge Hallsville - Bridge the gap in your Hallsville smile with advanced dental solutions
- Tooth Crown Hallsville - Hallsville residents wonder, "Does my tooth need a crown?"
- Dental Porcelain Crown Longview TX - Why Choose a Dental Porcelain Crown in Longview Texas?
- Dental Crown Cap Longview TX - Are you a good candidate for a dental crown (cap) in Longview Texas?
- Dental Implant Surgery Longview - What to expect from dental implant surgery in Longview